- To increase the knowledge and awareness of the root causes of conflict, reality and results of violent conflicts in our communities
- To establish sustainable networks with Churches, institutions and organizations in the field of reconciliation, non-violent conflict transformation and organization.
- To produce peace, healing and reconciliation materials
In doing the above, PHARP hopes to accomplish the following:
- Transform people
- Move people from violence to peace
- Restore attitude of life
- Restore trust, relationship and hope
- Reconcile with God reference to Jesus as the prince of peace
Primary Target Population
PHARP targets Religious leaders, Community leaders, Teachers, University students, Women, and the Youth. The organization trains them in Conflict and transformation, forgiveness and reconciliation, trauma healing, and entrepreneurial skills. PHARP does these in conflict situations in order to end pain and build peace. The organization also does the same in normal or peaceful setting in order to avoid slipping back into destructive conflicts or equip the communities to handle future conflicts constructively.
PHARP has made major contributions in training and targeting victims of conflicts and the marginalized in society. Reports received at PHARP offices from the trained leaders in various communities namely South Sudan, Rift Valley, Taita Taveta, Malindi, Voi, Pokot, Nairobi, Kajiado North, Kakamega, Vihiga in Kenya and Rwanda reveal evidence of change of heart, forgiveness, reconciliation, development, growth, and peace. Further, the leaders in these communities express high demand of PHARP training’s – a clear indication of a positive impact in society. PHARP’s success has been measured mainly by the feedback reports sent in by the trained leaders on tangible transformation of lives in all the aforesaid operation areas.